Monday 15 April 2013

Why?

I had a couple light hearted, frivolous posts circulating in my thoughts.

And then I heard about Boston. 

Beyond tragic. 

Today was a day to celebrate athletic achievement. For spectators to cheer on loved ones. For pride. But it was not to be.

All because some sick, twisted person (or a group of people?? Nobody knows anything right now) decided to blow up the finish line. To maim and kill innocent people. 

For what? To prove a point? Make a statement? Get attention? 

In the wake of tragedies, I often hear people say they are "trying to make sense of it all." How the hell do you make sense of something that makes no sense at all?? 

I hope with all that I have my daughter will grow up and never have to witness these senseless acts of violence. It's all too much lately. There is just too much tragedy in the world these days.

I find myself getting cynical about the human population. Fearful of what our future holds. How can it be anything good when attacks like these continue to happen? 

And then I remember these words;

When I was a boy and I would see scary things in the news, my mother would say to me, "Look for the helpers. You will always find people who are helping." 

To this day, especially in times of 'disaster', I remember my mothers words and I am always comforted by realizing that there are still so many helpers - so many caring people in the world.
~ Mr.  Rogers

And while these words are cold comfort to those directly affected by the Boston tragedy, I find them a tiny bit calming when the angst becomes overwhelming. 

Praying, so hard, for Boston. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...