Monday 17 September 2012

27.

I turned 27 over the weekend. 27 is one of those ages that doesn't come along with anything significant. At 19 I celebrated the responsibility of being able to (legally) drink here in Canada. 21 seemed monumental that I could now drink (legally) south of the border too. 25 marked a quarter of a century. But 27 is without its milestones. However, it just sounds a heck of a lot older than 26 to me! When I was in my late teens and early 20's, 30 sounded positively ancient to me. And now I am a mere 3 years away from it!

My day was celebrated with family and friends, and even a baby free night out on the town. Everyone was far too generous with their gifts and I was reminded of how lucky I am to be surrounded by the people I am.

26 was filled with changes. Pregnancy, a baby, and a loss. The highest of highs and the lowest of lows.

So bring it on 27. So excited to see what's in store!

(and here is one of those slightly obnoxious self portraits I took while getting ready for my big night out sans bébé... The expression pretty much sums up 27).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...